The first version of Spi Poker is available!! The current version is 1r2 (version 1 release 2).
- Spi-Poker release 1r2 for Windows 9x/NT
- Spi-Poker release 1r2 for Linux (see also Linux requirements)
- Spi-Poker release 1r2 for PowerMacs
If you download Spi (and please note, it may be a little unstable), please let me know how it works for you, what you'd like to see different, etc. Also, there are all sorts of things you can do to help in Spi's evolution, most of which don't require actual programming.
Note: it is perhaps not so trivial to figure out how to start Spi up, please read the installation instructions below.
- For Windows: unzip the archive using infozip, pkzip, winzip, whatever. From inside the spi-poker\bin-win folder, double-click on spi-poker.exe to run the program.
- For Linux: unzip the archive. Then go into the spi-poker/bin-linux directory and edit the spi-poker script so that it knows where you installed from. If you are running a glibc2.1 system that is not RedHat 6, then you will probably need to edit the visual-glibc21 script in the spi-poker/bin-linux directory.
- For Mac: probably just downloading the archive will cause it to unpack automatically. If not, then double-click on the spi-poker-1r?-mac.sea program to unpack it (it is a self-extracting archive). After it is unpacked, go into the spi-poker:bin-mac folder, double-click on the spi-poker icon (I realize it looks like a blank piece of paper and not an application) and then when a file chooser comes up asking you to choose an image file, choose spi-poker.im